This policy sets out how www.cartrade.co.nz (CarTrade) collects, uses, discloses and manages your personal information.
CarTrade respects the importance of your privacy and is bound by the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020, and applicable privacy regulations. CarTrade is committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information and has policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is handled in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- directly from you when you provide information directly to carsales or carsales Network companies in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise), for example when you create an advertisement on one of our websites; when you enquire about an item on one of our websites; when you subscribe to a newsletter or any alerts; when you purchase goods or services from carsales or a third party via the carsales Network; when you enter a competition or promotion conducted by carsales, or in a contract with your business to provide you with our services;
- directly from you when you communicate with carsales or any other person using carsales Communications Services;
- from third parties such as resellers of carsales services and service providers to carsales;
- operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the carsales Network (Linked Sites);
- social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- from 3rd party data providers and other entities where you have directed or otherwise consented to the collecting entity (or a service provider on its behalf) sending us data;
- through use of carsales proprietary software in which personal information is stored;
- from organisations identified or described under the heading ‘How is personal information disclosed’, which include carsales Network companies, our service providers and other third parties so that we may provide an enhanced and more relevant user experience, service or product to you.